Every once in a while, it’s nice to disconnect and enjoy the peace and serenity of being in a secluded place. No wonder more and more people are choosing to live or at least spend their holidays off the grid.
However, what others may not realize is that being away from civilization may present some unique security risks. For example, there will not be any neighbors to keep watch in case there’s a threat to your safety. Break-ins could be a risk for people who only uses their cabins every once in a while. That being said, an off-grid security camera system is a great addition to remote homes or RVs.
In this article, we’ll cover the benefits of using off-grid security cameras, what features to look for, and Nature’s Generator’s solution to your off-grid security camera needs.
What are the benefits of using off-grid security cameras?
Sure, compared to living in the city, crime rates are not that high in the wilderness; however, this doesn’t eliminate the fact that security is still a consideration if you want to live off-grid. Protecting yourself and your property should still be on top of your list.
With off-grid security cameras, you’ll have peace of mind that you have extra protection even if you’re in a remote area. Here are some advantages of using this type of surveillance camera:
Did you know that burglars target houses in rural or remote areas of the neighborhood? And they’ll often choose properties that look easier to break into (e.g. unlocked doors, open windows, etc.). With security cameras for your off-grid home, break-ins could be reduced by as much as 72%.
Unfortunately, conventional CCTV cameras require electricity to fully function, which means during power interruptions like blackouts, your security system will also be down. The good news is, some off-grid security cameras run on alternative power sources, like solar, so you can monitor your property even during power outages. You can also consider installing remote security systems in your home in the city to reduce your reliance on the local power grid.
Another advantage of off-grid security cameras is that most are sold with a plug-and-play feature. You won’t have to worry about complicated installations to have your security system up and running.
What should I look for when buying off-grid security cameras?
With a quick search on Google, you’ll find quite a selection of products available. You’ll probably end up asking “Which off-grid security camera is the best?” To help you fine-tune your search and make things easier for you, we listed down the features that make a top-notch remote CCTV camera.
Nature’s Generator Powerhouse Security Camera System
If you’re looking for an off-grid security camera with the features mentioned above, then look no further. Nature’s Generator Powerhouse Security Camera System is built to secure your property even if it’s off-grid.
This security system comes with a Nature’s Generator PoE NVR and four sets of Outdoor PoE Camera. You have the option to add four more Nature’s Generator cameras for larger coverage.
- Nature’s Generator security cameras support up to 5MP resolution in a 95-degree wide-field view. (5MP is referred to as Super HD, providing crisp images compared to 1080p cameras.)
- Our security cameras are equipped with advanced AI Human and Motion Detection that triggers alerts and sends you instant alarms. It also has Night Vision so you can see what’s happening around your remote property even in the dark.
- You have the option to store recordings via local storage (HDD) or via the cloud.
- We understand how durable your off-grid security cameras should be; that’s why we designed ours to be weatherproof. (IP66 - rated as “dust tight” and can protect against immersion/powerful jets of water)
- More importantly, you don’t have to worry about your surveillance cameras shutting down in case of power interruptions as our security cameras are designed to work with Nature’s Generator Powerhouse. Simply connect the security system to the Powerhouse’s 48V output port, and you can keep watch of your home round the clock even if the Powerhouse generator is turned off.
Having your own security system is one of the most important things you need to have if you’re considering living off the grid. Even if you’re away from the majority of the population, it doesn’t mean that you have to let your guard down.
A great way to safeguard yourself and your property is to install security cameras. And we’re confident to say that Nature’s Generator Powerhouse Security Camera System makes it to the list of quality and most reliable off-grid surveillance cameras in the market.
If you have further questions about our security camera or other products, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 975-7909, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
* We want to give credit where credit is due. Professional writer, Ishna Sablaya, contributed research and content to this blog titled: Off-Grid Security Camera Thank you, Ishna, for your contributions!